Book Buyback Information
- This is an end of semester event.
- Held during Finals week in May, July, & December only. DATES ARE POSTED.
- Traditional Math Lab books maybe sold back throughout the year.
- USED computer math software has no value. If your text is needed, you may get UP TO 50% back or a variable wholesaler value.
- Quantities bought back are limited.
- Please ship returns to:
Highland Community College Bookstore
2998 W. Pearl City Road
Freeport, IL 61032
- The HCC Bookstore reserves the right to refuse any refund or return.
Factors that may affect the value of your books during buyback:
- Whether or not the class instructor has chosen to use the same book the following semester as he/she had previously.
- Whether the book will be used the following semester.
- Whether the Bookstore needs additional copies.
- The Bookstore will pay up to 50% of the purchase price for either new or used if the book is returned to the bookstore shelves for sale.
- Required quantities are limited— this means that coming earlier to buyback increases the chance that your book will have value.
In both of the cases below the Bookstore will not buy any copies of the text.
- The instructor for the class has changed, or the text for the class has changed.
- The instructor has not submitted the upcoming semester’s textbook order by the time buyback is held.
Additional Ideas to Consider:
- If a textbook has been published in an updated edition, the current version is obsolete at the time of buyback. At this time the textbook retains little or no value anywhere.
- Your book must be in RESALE condition. This means it must contain all of the original components including— but not limited to— handbooks, CDs, and study guides.
- Your book may not be wet, nor can it have had any water damage previously.
- Highlighted passages are allowed as long as it isn’t excessive; however, books with writing in them from the student have no buyback value. Your book may not be soiled, torn, chewed or be missing pages.
- Workbooks are rarely bought back— and only under special circumstances. Loose leaf/books in binders are never bought back.